SYHC Code of Conduct
[Board Board updated approved February 2018]
Player & Family Tenets
- I will refrain from negative cheering and will encourage fair play and good sportsmanship at all times and protect the image and brand of our Club.
- I will provide a safe and fun environment for play and will refrain from any action with may cause injury to players, coaches, other parents, or officials.
- I will be responsible for my own safety and remain alert to help prevent accidents.
- I will support the referees and coaches by trusting their judgment and integrity.
- I will avoid direct confrontations with other parents, players, or coaches.
- I will refrain from excessive celebration intended to taunt the other team and avoid excessive demonstrations of frustration or anger.
- I will refrain from approaching the bench in a game situation unless summoned by a player or coach. I will abide by the 24-hour cooling-off period and will wait 24 hours before contacting a coach or other representative of the club when a concern arises regarding my child.
- I have read the SYHC Code of Conduct and Grievance Procedure and further agree to abide by said agreement.
- I further agree to abide by all rules and conduct as prescribed by USA Hockey and understand that ignorance of any SYHC Rules, By-Laws, Code of Conduct as well as those of USA Hockey cannot be used as a defense for non-compliance.
- I and my family will not take actions that undermine the Club's current or future ability to field teams, including but not limited to, participation in non-SYHC sponsored teams, the recruitment of SYHC players to external teams or leagues, or otherwise abusing access to team rosters for purposes outside the scope of normal team communications and planning activities.
I understand that non-compliance with any part of these tenets can and will result in escalating disciplinary action up-to-and-including Club dismissal.
(Escalation Guidance: first infraction warrants a one game suspension, second infraction incurs a three game suspension, additional infraction(s) results in Club dismissal)