Mite Level Players BIRTH YEARS: 2013+
The SYHC 8U program is operated in cooperation with the Cleveland Barons and OBM Arena. Our combined 8U program offers the best of both Mustangs and Barons hockey including:
- Skill sessions
- Power skating instruction
- Consistent week night practice sessions
- Membership in the Cleveland Suburban Hockey League (i.e., local games)
- Participation in OBM Arena Mite 8U tournaments and special events
Fees & Expenses
- $150 registration fee
- $800-$900 depending on skill level and team placement
- Uniform Fee
How long is a season?
The 8U season begins around Labor Day with skill evaluation and team placements. The season ends in early March.
What equipment is needed?
In addition to hockey skates, full protective equipment is required to play ice hockey. The following is required:
- Helmet (HECC certified)
- Shoulder and Chest Protector
- Elbow Pads
- Hockey Gloves
- Cup or Pelvic Protector
- Shin Pads
- Hockey Socks
- Hockey Pants
- Mouth guard (for Peewee and older)