JUN 29, 2020 — BOARD MEETING
Mindy Wahl [P], Sandra Thompson [VP], Zak Gryzlo [S] (virtual), Dan Cardenas [T], Gio O’Toole [14U], Bryan Conway [12U], Kelly Hollis [10U], Erin Fronek [8U], Bill Miller [ICE], Tiffany Cardenas [REG], Eric Wahl [IT]
Wahl Residence, Strongsville Ohio
(social distance observed)
- The number of ice sheets booked for the 2020-2021 season was based on the number of teams registered for the 2019-2020 season.
- Average number of sheets per week = 9
- Weekend sheets booked for league games
Current player registration
- There were 3-4 players that will not be returning due to COVID-19
- Level Breakdown
- Squirts = 46 registered players = 3 possible teams
- Peewee = 52 registered players = 3 possible teams
- Bantam = 34 registered players = 2 possible teams
- The club has reserved ice sheets for 7/30, 8/6, and 8/9 for tune-up skates prior to tryouts.
- We are anticipating limited capacity per sessions so a sign-up sheet will be used. Mindy has already communicated this with the club families.
- Cory will be determining the coaches that will be used for these sessions.
- Waiting to hear from Cory on the desired format of tryouts. With CSHL following the OHSAA guidelines for COVID-19, we need a few options to format in the event we are extremely limited on the number of individuals on the ice (current capacity is 20 individuals)
- Once format is determined, then a plan can be created for the tryout jersey procedures.
- Every player, coach, and sibling assistant is required to have a valid USA Hockey number before they can be on the ice. This too has been communicated to all families within the club by Mindy.
- OBM is working to create a tailgate party during the tryouts to allow for social distancing and keeping as many people out of the rink as possible.
- Finalize the COVID-19 waiver prior to tryouts.
- Determine if we need to develop a refund scheduled based on a percentage of completion to the season. Do we refund if concern or hardship is raised due to the virus or is it based solely on whether the season continues?
- Need to plan and order the food and beverages for the tryout evaluators and workers.
- Marcus Kane will be receiving the $650 for his volunteering efforts at Nationals. This money is to be used for team tournaments and/or activities. No Dissenters.
- A tryout jersey charge will be added to the 2021-2022 season registration fees. Players will be issued a tryout/practice jersey. No Dissenters.
- The Telegram app will be replacing Chat as the communication app for the Board members. No Dissenters.